GOLD’s Emergency Financial Assistance Program provides Housing Assistance, Utility Assistance, and funding for other emergency needs, year-round.
GOLD’s programs are not open to the public. All individuals in need of assistance should call 2-1-1 to be directed to available resources in their area. GOLD cannot speak directly with individuals in need of assistance. All requests for assistance must come from agents employed with GOLD’s community partners.
- Eviction Prevention
Individuals must have a court-filed Failure to Pay Rent or Petition for Warrant of Restitution.
If you are facing eviction and don’t know what to do next click here.
- First Months Rent
Individuals must be without permanent shelter and moving into long-term housing.
If you are currently homeless and need help finding affordable housing click here.
Service termination prevention or reconnection for:
- Natural Gas
- Heating Oil
Depending on the utility, services must have a termination notice, be disconnected, or be near empty.
If you need help paying your utility bills click here.
Other Emergency Needs
- Clothing (infants, children, or adults)
- Household Items (bedding, cleaning supplies, hygiene items)
- Health Care (medical bills, prescriptions, devices/equipment)
- Transportation (bus passes, emergency car repairs)
- Employment (phone minutes, clothing/equipment, license fees)
What does the request process look like?
- An agent is notified that their client is facing an emergency (Eviction, Utility Disconnect, etc).
- The agent submits a request to GOLD for funding
- GOLD contacts the vendor (landlord, utility company, etc.) and commits payment
- GOLD notifies the agent that they have committed their payment
- GOLD mails a check to the vendor, and the emergency is prevented!